The City of Richmond Hill continues to take a phased and gradual approach to reopening. While the main Municipal Offices (225 East Beaver Creek Road) will remain closed to the public until at least January 4, 2021, residents can access many City services online, by phone or by appointment.
The Access Richmond Hill contact centre is available to respond to general inquiries by email at [email protected] or by phone at 905-771-8800, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Residents can also report a problem (e.g. missed garbage collection, streetlight out), and/or submit a general inquiry online at RichmondHill.ca/Access.
The following is an update on what’s open, closed, cancelled and coming soon:
· The Operations Centre, 1200 Elgin Mills Road East (waste bin and garbage tag purchases and exchanges only)
· Oak Ridges Community Centre, Pool and Fitness Centre (lane and leisure swims, fitness and recreational programs; pre-registration required)
· Centennial Pool (lane and leisure swims; pre-registration required)
· Tom Graham Arena (permit holders only)
· Ed Sackfield Arena north pad (permit holders only)
· Libraries (limited services; visit rhpl.ca/reopening for details)
· All parks, trails and most outdoor amenities including playgrounds, skate parks, sports courts, outdoor exercise equipment, off leash dog areas, picnic tables, benches and parking lots.
· Sports fields, baseball diamonds and beach volleyball courts (recreational play; organized play by permit only)
· Artificial turf soccer fields (permit holders only)
· Council Meetings (virtual; delegations and anyone wishing to speak during Public Forum must pre-register)
· Stay Active at Home virtual activities
· Most community centres and pools
· The Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts (closed for the remainder of 2020)
· The Wave Pool (closed for the remainder of 2020)
· The Heritage Centre (closed for the remainder of 2020)
· Eyer Homestead Ropes and Challenge Course (closed for the remainder of 2020)
· Bayview Hill Fitness Studio (closed for the remainder of 2020)
· Boynton House
· Richmond Green indoor bocce
· Richmond Hill David Dunlap Observatory
· Splash pads (closed for the season)
· Fire stations (emergency response is unaffected)
What’s coming soon
· Ed Sackfield Fitness Centre and Indoor Track – Opening September 21
· Ed Sackfield Arena (Olympic pad) – Opening September 28 (permit holders only)
· Elgin Barrow Arena – Expected to open in early October (permit holders only)
· Blackmore Tennis Club at David Hamilton Park – Opening October 1 (members and program participants only)
· Richmond Green Sports Centre – Expected to open in early October
· Richmond Green Sports Dome – Expected to open in early October
· Fall Recreational Programs (in-person) – Starting the week of September 20; registration is open
· Virtual Recreational Programs – Starting October 13; registration opens September 29
· Elvis Stojko and Bond Lake Arenas – Expected to open later this fall
· All permits for upcoming third-party events are cancelled and no new permits will be issued until further notice.
Staff are working through requests to permit space in City facilities. Space will be allocated in the facilities that have reopened to groups/individuals that can meet the provincial standards.
Please note that facilities and programs are subject to change based on provincial COVID-19 restrictions.