A Plan for People, A Plan for Change
The Annual Strategic Plan Report concludes with a summary of what has been accomplished to realize the goals of the Strategic Plan.
A few of the highlights from the Phase Three Implementation include:
* Approval of the Civic Precinct Project which, guided by the Civic Precinct Task Force, will transform Town-owned lands at Yonge Street and Major Mackenzie Drive into a vibrant all-season community space that will include an expanded Central Library, amphitheatre, skating rink/reflecting pool, public square and new municipal offices.
* Completion of the David Dunlap Observatory Park Master Plan, guided by the People Plan Task Force, that sets a vision and guidelines for the creation of a destination park that will preserve, enhance and celebrate the historic and natural importance of the site.
* Launching of our new Town Website, redesigned to be fully accessible and to provide residents with easier access to the information they need and more innovative ways for the public to connect with the Town, including an interactive calendar that allows visitors to the site to see all events, public outreach, community led activities and Council calendar information in the same place.
* Continued advocacy on topics impacting the Town including transit, infrastructure funding and planning.
* Ongoing commitment to exceptional public service through service improvement initiatives for Access Richmond Hill, Recreation, Culture and Event Services and Development Services.
* Implementation of our plans and strategies including the Accessibility Plan, Cultural Plan, Environment Strategy, Parks Plan and Recreation Plan.
* Updating of our Economic Development Strategy 2010-2020, providing the Town with a current roadmap for economic development in Richmond Hill for the next five years.
To view the Strategic Plan Annual Report 2017 click here.