The province has announced that Ontario will move into Step Two of its three-step Roadmap to Reopen on Wednesday, June 30 at 12:01 a.m. As a result, residents should be aware of the following:
What’s currently open
- Registration for in-person Summer Camps (limited spots remain), A.R.K Adventure Program, Tennis Lessons and outdoor fitness classes. Programs start Monday, July 5
- Registration for indoor in-person fitness classes. Programs are expected to start in August (if the province is in Step 3)
- Registration for virtual Summer Camps and Recreation Programs, which start July 5
- Registration for Drive-thru RibFest. Event takes place July 23 to 25
- Waste bin online sales with home delivery
- Parks, trails and outdoor amenities
- Sports fields/courts for permits (training only/limited capacity)
- Registration for Aquatic Leadership Programs begins June 29. Programs are expected to start in August (if the province is in Step 3)
- Canada Day virtual performances and drive-in concert on July 1
- Registration for the Summer Event Series including drive-in concerts and movies
- Theatre for live streaming permits (June 30)
- Heritage Centre for outdoor activities (July 5)
- Sports fields/courts for permits/league play (June 30)
- Eyer Homestead Ropes Challenge Course for permits (July 5)
- Registration for Drop-in Programs (July 19) and Recreational Swimming (July 23). Programs are expected to begin July 26 (if the province is in Step 3)
*Plans and timing subject to change based on provincial direction and health and safety guidelines.
With each step, we will work as quickly as possible to reopen planned facilities. Due to the uncertainty of timing and the release of new health and safety guidelines, we thank residents in advance for their patience as we work to get services and amenities fully up and running.
Until the main Municipal Offices and Operations Centre re-open to the public in September, residents can continue to access many City services online, by phone or by appointment.
Updates and information on the City’s response to COVID-19, including Richmond Hill’s full reopening plan and a complete list of what’s open and closed, is available online at RichmondHill.ca/COVID19.
Community Recognition Certificate
Richmond Hill’s Community Recognition Certificate recognizes individuals and organizations in the community that have helped others during the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you know someone who has made a measureable, positive, impact on the community during the pandemic? Nominate them today at RichmondHill.ca/CommunityCertificate!