Residents can now go online to purchase new blue boxes, green bins, kitchen containers and garbage tags, as well as pay to exchange broken Richmond Hill labelled blue boxes and green bins. New delivery by mail (garbage tags only) and curbside pickup options are also available.
Here’s how it works:
Garbage tags – order online for delivery by mail
· Order and pay online at RichmondHill.ca/BinsAndTags.
· Garbage tag orders will be mailed to you in seven to 10 business days.
Waste bins and garbage tags – order online for curbside pickup at the Operations Centre
· Order and pay online at RichmondHill.ca/BinsAndTags. Orders will be available in one full business day for
contactless curbside pickup at the Operations Centre (1200 Elgin Mills Road East).
· Arrive at the Operations Centre during operating hours and park in one of the designated curbside pickup spots.
· Call us from your car at the phone number posted on the curbside pickup sign. Have your order number ready.
· We’ll bring your order to your car. You pick it up and go!
In person purchases are still available
· Residents still have the option of purchasing waste bins and garbage tags in person at the Operations Centre.
· Garbage tags are also available at all Richmond Hill libraries. Visit rhpl.ca for locations and hours of operation.
For exchanges, please note:
· An $8.31 (including HST) fee will apply to help offset replacement costs.
· Residents exchanging Richmond Hill labelled bins should bring the damaged/broken bin(s) with them to the Operations Centre when they pick up their online order.
· If the damaged/broken bin is not Richmond Hill labelled, it can still be brought to the Operations Centre to be recycled, but the resident will have to purchase a new bin.
Visit RichmondHill.ca/BinsAndTags for prices, Operations Centre hours and more information