On October 18th, Richmond Hill launched its new website. While the address, RichmondHill.ca, is still the same, the new website was designed with the goal of improving the experience for all users. The new website includes a clean, simple homepage, ease of navigation and improved functionality. Click here for a TRH Website Video Tour. The new website incorporates feedback from multiple user-testing sessions that took place in the past year, and the result includes improved features such as :
– Improved search and navigation, including drop-down menus and sidebar navigation;
– Mobile responsive design that adjusts to all mobile devices, including cell phones, iPads, tablets and more;
– An interactive events calendar with colour-coded categories and the ability to subscribe to events updates;
– Compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) requirements for websites;
– Demographic and topic based landing pages to centralize information related to specific residents (youth, adults 55+ and families) and topics of interest (Mayor and Council, Environment and Economic Development);
– Searchable Parks, Trails and Facilities directory featuring more than 200 locations in Richmond Hill.