The province has announced that Ontario will move into Step One of its three-step Roadmap to Reopen on Friday, June 11 at 12:01 a.m. As a result, residents should be aware of the following as this plan pertains to Richmond Hill:
What’s currently open
- Summer Camp registration (in-person and virtual). Camps start Monday, July 5
- Parks, trails and off-leash areas
- Outdoor amenities such as playgrounds, outdoor fitness equipment, skate parks, tennis, pickleball and basketball courts
- Splash pads
While the main Municipal Offices (225 East Beaver Creek Road) remain closed to the public (but we hope to open the offices in the fall), residents can access many City services online, by phone or by appointment.
- Summer Virtual Recreation Program registration begins June 9. Programs start Monday, July 5
- Sports fields/courts for permits (training only, limited capacity) effective Friday, June 11
- Waste bin online sales with home delivery begins Monday, June 21
- Drive-in/Drive-thru events
Richmond Hill’s reopening plan
We’re looking forward to welcoming residents back! Our gradual, safe approach to reopening City facilities and services will begin shortly and information and specific details about these plans will be communicated through Richmond Hill’s social media channels and the website at www.richmondhill.ca so I would encourage everyone to stay tuned!
Help keep our community safe
As we slowly begin to reopen, residents are reminded to:
- Practice physical distancing
- Wear a mask or face covering indoors, as well as outdoors if you cannot physical distance
- Stay home if you’re sick, even with mild symptoms
- Get vaccinated as soon as you are eligible
Updates and information on the City’s response to COVID-19, including a complete list of what’s open and closed, is available online at RichmondHill.ca/COVID19.