In recognition of the late fall weather in Richmond Hill this year, the City has added one more week of yard waste collection to the schedule. The final yard waste collection of 2021 will now take place the week of December 14. Yard waste is collected on residents’ regular waste collection day.
Yard waste includes leaves, pine cones, fallen fruit, trees, shrub trimmings, weeds, flowers, sticks/twigs, pumpkins, clean straw and dried corn stalks. Soil, sod, stumps, tree branches over 10 cm in diameter, root balls and grass clippings are not accepted.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curb after 6 p.m. on the night before collection day and before 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Paper bags, cardboard boxes and open-top reusable containers (maximum 125L/33Gal) are accepted. No plastic bags.
- Place a yellow YARD WASTE sticker on open-top reusable containers. Yard waste stickers are available for free at Access Richmond Hill (225 East Beaver Creek Road, Ground Floor) and at the Operations Center (1200 Elgin Mills Road East).
- Bundle branches, sticks and twigs with twine (maximum length 1.2m/4ft).
- Each container or bundle must not exceed 18 kg/40lbs.
- If yard waste has not been collected, it must be removed from the curb by 9 p.m. on collection day.
Yard waste dropoff depot
Richmond Hill residents can also drop off their yard waste at the Bloomington Yard Waste Depot located at 1351 Bloomington Road. Visit york.ca/wastedepots for hours and fees.
For more information, visit RichmondHill.ca/YardWaste.